Friday, December 7, 2012

Father's Day


Wednesday, December 5th, is Father's Day in Thailand and also the King's birthday.  I had to do a Father's Day craft with my kids so they would have something to give their dad's on Father's Day.  I found this really cute card online and so for the past few weeks I have been making these with all my elementary classes.  I taught them how to fold the origami shirts, then they wrote notes inside to their dads and decorated the shirts.  We also drew ties, decorated them, cut them out and glued them on to the shirts.  Here are some examples of the shirts my students made :)



Wednesday we got the day off of school, but on Tuesday we had a Father's Day ceremony.  We all gathered in the cafeteria where there were speeches made by the administration, a dad, and some students, a Thai dance, and some music.  Afterwords, the fathers of the elementary students went with their children and spent an hour in their classroom.  It was a nice event :)


No comments:

Post a Comment