Saturday, September 13, 2014

Neighborhood Elephant

I finally saw it!  The neighborhood elephant!  I saw him a couple times my first year but haven't seen him in so long.  My roommate and I were getting sad that we never see him, and other people told us he was out fairly often (they are often out at night when it is cooler.  It is illegal for them to walk around during the day because they burn their feet on the hot pavement).  Tonight my roommate was walking down the street and texted me that the elephant was on his way down the street.  So, being the crazy foreigner who still finds elephants in the city fascinating, I grabbed my camera and ran to the street and took some photos while the rest of Thailand pretended life was completely normal :)

Here's my (new) buddy walking down the street amidst taxis, buses, motorcycles, sidewalks, and 5 story buildings.  Just a normal night in Thailand.




No comments:

Post a Comment